Lemon and rosemary chicken with fennel cabbage slaw
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins
$3.38 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 4 x 120g chicken breast fillets
- 2 fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 small red cabbage, trimmed, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 4 medium wholegrain bread rolls
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine rosemary, chilli flakes and zest in a bowl. Sprinkle mixture over both sides of chicken.
Step 2 Combine fennel, cabbage and parsley in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon lemon juice and olive oil. Drizzle over slaw and toss to combine.
Step 3 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook chicken for 4–6 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Remove from pan.
Step 4 Add remaining lemon juice and stock to pan and warm through. Divide chicken and slaw between serving plates. Drizzle lemon juice mixture over chicken. Serve with bread rolls.
About this recipe
First published: October 2010