Polenta and vegetable 'pizza'
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
55 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 35 mins
$5.84 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 red onion, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, cut into 2cm pieces
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g zucchini, cut into 2cm slices
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 2cm pieces
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 medium-sized balls (about 200g) fresh bocconcini, torn
- large green salad, to serve
- Polenta base
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup polenta
- 2 tablespoons wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Place first 7 ingredients in a single layer on lined baking trays. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden. Toss with garlic and parsley.
Step 2 Preheat grill. Make polenta base: heat milk and 3 cups water in a large saucepan. Add polenta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 4–5 minutes, or until thick. Stir in wheat bran and sesame seeds. Spoon into 4 circles (14cm diameter) on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Smooth tops with a spoon. Grill polenta until golden, about 5 minutes. Place polenta rounds on 4 serving plates.
Step 3 Pile roasted vegetables onto polenta rounds. Top each ‘pizza’ with 3 torn balls of bocconcini. Serve with a large green salad.
If you are pressed for time, make this pizza using a traditional pizza base or wholemeal Lebanese bread.
About this recipe
First published: October 2010