Pumpkin and lentil curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 30 mins
$3.05 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup rogan josh curry paste
- 600g pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 250g 90-second microwaveable brown rice (we used SunRice)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- fresh mint or coriander, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, until soft. Add curry paste and stir through onion.
Step 2 Add pumpkin, tomatoes, cauliflower, lentils and 2 1/2 cups water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until tender. Stir occasionally, adding a little water if necessary. Stir through baby spinach and cook until wilted.
Step 3 Meanwhile, cook rice according to packet directions. Add peas and fold through rice. Serve with curry and garnish with coriander or mint leaves.
About this recipe
First published: October 2010