Moroccan lamb and roast vegies
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins, prep 25 mins, cook 25 mins
$6.78 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 small zucchinis, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 yellow capsicum, thickly sliced
- 2 small Lebanese eggplants, cut into rounds
- 2 medium red onions, cut into thin wedges
- 300g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- cooking oil spray
- 2 x 200g lamb backstraps
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 small multi-grain rolls
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place all vegies on a baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until tender.
Step 2 Meanwhile, sprinkle both sides of lamb with seasoning. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Cook lamb, turning, for 3–4 minutes each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Stand, covered, for 5 minutes before slicing.
Step 3 Steam beans and refresh in cold water. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl and add spinach, lemon juice and remaining oil. Serve greens with roasted vegetables, lamb and bread.
Want more? You can double the serve of pumpkin for just 120kJ per person. Most of us roast starchy veg, such as potato and sweet potato, for dinner – but non-starchy veg, which are lower in kJ, add the same comfort factor for less kilojoules.
About this recipe
First published: September 2010