Quick spring soup with dumplings
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10 mins
$3.74 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 clove garlic, sliced
- 1/2cm piece ginger, peeled, sliced
- 50g egg noodles
- 4 frozen dumplings
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup bok choy or baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce (optional)
- 1/4 fresh red chilli, thinly sliced(optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place stock, 2 cups water, garlic and ginger into a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
Step 2 Add noodles and bring back to the boil. Add dumplings and cook until they rise to the surface, about 7 minutes.
Step 3 Remove from heat, add sesame oil, spinach or bok choy, and soy sauce. Transfer to a bowl and top with chilli, if using.
About this recipe
First published: September 2010