Savoury mince on toast
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$3.24 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 450g lean beef mince
- 400g can tomatoes with basil and garlic
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 medium slices sourdough bread
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat grill. Spray a large frying pan with oil. Add onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onion is translucent.
Step 2 Add mince and brown. Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and vegetables. Stir to combine and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
Step 3 Meanwhile, grill bread for 2–3 minutes, until toasted. When toasted, place bread on serving plates and top with garlic mince and sour cream. Serve with a large green salad.
- Instead of Worcestershire sauce, use 1–2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- Try using wholemeal pita bread instead of sourdough.
About this recipe
First published: September 2010