Gnocchi with broccoli, mushrooms and ricotta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins
$4.11 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g potato gnocchi
- 400g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 300g button or Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved, roasted
- 3/4 cup fresh low-fat ricotta, crumbled
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook gnocchi according to packet directions. Add broccoli in the last 3 minutes of cooking time, until just tender and bright green. Drain well.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 4–5 minutes, until golden. Add gnocchi, broccoli, parsley, tomatoes and 1/2 cup ricotta. Stir until combined and season well.
Step 3 Divide between serving bowls and top with remaining ricotta. Serve with salad.
Stir baby spinach leaves, steamed, chopped asparagus and sliced black or green olives through gnocchi mixture.
About this recipe
First published: April 2011