Italian sausage hot pot
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
6 hrs 15 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 360 mins)
$3.61 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 6 lean Italian beef sausages, cut into thick slices
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, roughly chopped
- 3 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 large green capsicum, deseeded, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 400g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 3 cups reduced-salt beef stock
- 250g large pasta shapes (e.g. spirals, shells, penne)
- 2 cups sliced green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- chopped parsley or basil, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat slow cooker to high. Spray a grill pan with oil and place over high heat. Grill sausages for 2–3 minutes.
Step 2 Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, capsicums, oregano, tomatoes and stock to slow cooker. Top with sausage. Cook on high for 2–3 hours or on low for 5–6 hours, until vegetables are just tender.
Step 3 Add pasta and green beans. Cook for 1 more hour. Garnish with parmesan and parsley or basil before serving.
About this recipe
First published: August 2011