Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 300g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely grated
- 6 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 x 400g tins lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- steamed green vegetables, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Add sweet potato and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2–3 minutes. Add curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl to cool slightly.
Step 2 Add lentils, coriander and feta to sweet potato mixture. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and eggs until smooth. Add to sweet potato mixture and stir until well combined. Season with ground black pepper.
Step 3 Spray frying pan with a little more oil and place over medium-high heat. Spoon 1/4-cupfuls of mixture into the pan to make 4 fritters. Cook for 3 minutes each side, or until golden and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter to make 16 fritters (spraying pan with a little more oil as needed). Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and steamed vegetables.
- Lentil pita pocket: Wrap leftover fritters in pita bread with hommous and salad.
- Lentil salad: Warm leftover fritters in the microwave, break into bite-sized pieces and toss with rocket, cherry tomatoes and sliced celery.
About this recipe
First published: August 2011