Asparagus and salmon strata
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr 20 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 60 mins), plus 1 hr chilling
$5.87 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 3 bunches asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced cooking oil spray
- 350g loaf crusty wholemeal bread, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 2 x 210g cans skinless and boneless salmon, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped chives
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 600ml skim milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 12 cups salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Steam asparagus and zucchini until just tender.
Step 2 Spray a 10 cup-capacity baking dish with oil. Add half the bread and top with all of the parmesan, then half the salmon, asparagus, zucchini and chives. Top with remaining bread, salmon, asparagus and zucchini.
Step 3 In a bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, milk and zest. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Step 4 Preheat oven to 160°C. Bake strata for 50—60 minutes, or until golden and set. Garnish with extra chives. Serve with salad.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011