Coconut chicken and chickpea curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.26 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Tandoori paste
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup light coconut cream
- 3 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 500g microwaveable brown rice
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until softened. Add lemongrass paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Step 2 Add chicken and stir-fry until golden. Add Tandoori paste and cook for 1 minute more.
Step 3 Add green onion, capsicum, mushrooms and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes. Add chickpeas and coconut cream and heat through. Stir through spinach until wilted. Serve with rice and garnish with chopped coriander, if desired.
About this recipe
First published: December 2011