Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups reduced-salt vegie stock
- 2 x 400g cans reduced-salt diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup macaroni
- 400g can no-added-salt borlotti or kidney beans, rinsed
- 50g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 30g shaved parmesan, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook another 1–2 minutes.
Step 2 Add stock, tomatoes, pasta and 2 cups water and stir well. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Step 3 Add borlotti and green beans. Cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes, until pasta is tender. Garnish with parsley and parmesan.
About this recipe
First published: June 2011