Full ingredients list:
- 300g macaroni
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 3 cups warm skim milk
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 8 cups salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Add broccoli for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to saucepan.
Step 2 Meanwhile, melt table spread in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 1 minute. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 1 minute. Stir in parmesan. Remove from heat.
Step 3 Preheat grill. Add parmesan sauce and parsley to pasta and broccoli and stir well to combine. Add tuna and fold through. Pour mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish and scatter with breadcrumbs. Grill for 5 minutes, or until golden. Serve with a green salad.
About this recipe
First published: June 2011