Lamb roast on cauliflower mash
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 20 mins
$3.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 500g mini lamb roast
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 20g reduced-fat table spread
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon baby capers, rinsed, drained
- steamed vegetables, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Place a frying pan over medium heat. Spray lamb with oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Cook lamb for 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Transfer lamb to a baking tray and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Step 2 Meanwhile, steam cauliflower until tender (about 8 minutes). Transfer to a bowl and add butter beans and milk. Using a stick blender, pulse until mixture is thick and smooth. Add a little hot water, 1 tablespoon at a time, if required.
Step 3 Reheat frying pan over medium heat. Add tomatoes and capers. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until heated through. Spoon cauliflower mash onto serving plates. Slice lamb, place on top of mash, then top with tomato mixture. Serve with steamed vegetables (we used Brussels sprouts and sugar snap peas).
- For a more filling meal, double the cauliflower, butter beans and milk for more mash.
- When serving roasts and other hot meals, warm your plates in the oven for 5 minutes or so before serving. It will keep your dinner warmer for longer.
About this recipe
First published: May 2011