Sweet chilli fish with pumpkin and bok choy
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 15 mins
$5.74 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut into 2cm chunks
- 500g pumpkin, peeled, cut into thin wedges
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 bunch baby bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 4 green onions, trimmed, cut into 4cm pieces
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- 4 cups steamed brown rice
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a wok with oil and place over high heat. Cook fish in batches, tossing, for 2 minutes, until golden. Set fish aside.
Step 2 Return wok to a high heat. Add pumpkin and 2 tablespoons water. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 2 more minutes, until pumpkin is almost tender. Add bok choy and onion; stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, until bok choy is tender-crisp.
Step 3 Return fish to wok and toss with sweet chilli sauce and lime juice. Add Thai basil and toss to combine. Serve with rice.
Make it vegetarian by swapping the fish for tofu. Save time by using a frozen Asian vegetable mix in place of the broccoli and bok choy.
About this recipe
First published: May 2011