Apple and berry slice
Please log in to save or rate.
24 (makes 24 slices)
Time to make:
50 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$0.48 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup canola or sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 2 medium apples (unpeeled), cored, finely diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 24cm slice tin with baking paper.
Step 2 Combine flour, oats, oat bran, sugar, cinnamon and baking powder in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, yoghurt and egg. Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
Step 3 Press three-quarters of the mixture into the base of slice tin. Sprinkle with apples and berries. Top with remaining batter.
Step 4 Bake for 30 minutes, until golden. Cool completely in tin. Dust with icing sugar before serving.
About this recipe
First published: November 2011