Moroccan lamb koftas with chopped salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$4.47 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 x 90g pieces Lebanese bread
- cooking oil spray
- 500g lamb mince
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, chopped
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed, halved, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place Lebanese bread on a baking tray. Lightly spray with oil and bake for 7–8 minutes, until crisp. Break into small pieces and set aside.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine lamb, mint and Moroccan spice. Form into 8 x 7cm-long sausage shapes around 8 wooden skewers. Lightly spray with oil and place under grill or on a hot barbecue for 6–7 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through.
Step 3 Combine tomato, cucumber, radish, onion and watercress in a large bowl. Toss gently with olive oil and lemon juice. Add pieces of crisp bread to salad and serve with kofta and lemon wedges.
Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes before using.
About this recipe
First published: November 2011