Full ingredients list:
- 4 extra light tortillas
- cooking oil spray
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups cos lettuce leaves
- 1 small avocado, diced
- 2 rashers lean bacon, grilled, crumbled
- 400g can no-added-salt kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons fat-free French dressing
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place tortillas on a baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 5 minutes, or until crisp. Cut into wedges.
Step 2 Meanwhile, boil eggs for 7 minutes. Drain and plunge into cold water. Cool, peel and cut each egg into quarters.
Step 3 Divide lettuce, tortilla wedges, avocado, bacon, kidney beans, eggs and tomatoes between 4 serving bowls. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, taco seasoning and dressing. Pour over salad and serve immediately.
About this recipe
First published: September 2011