Full ingredients list:
- 200g rice vermicelli noodles
- 400g lean pork mince
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriander or mint, roughly chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place noodles into a large bowl and just cover with boiling water. Soak for 8–10 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add mince and brown, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 5–6 minutes.
Step 3 Add onion, carrots and broccoli. Stir-fry for 3–4 minutes.
Step 4 Meanwhile, combine sauces in a small bowl. Drain noodles and add to frying pan with sauces. Toss gently to coat. Garnish with herbs before serving.
- Add a squeeze of lime juice before serving.
- Swap the pork mince for turkey mince or a 400g can flaked salmon.
About this recipe
First published: September 2011