Zucchini and pea pasta with ricotta cheese
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 10 mins)
$2.15 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 350g wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium leek, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 large zucchinis, shaved into 1/2 cm thick ribbons
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 100g baby spinach
- pinch chilli flakes
- 250g low-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1/3 cup water.
Step 2 Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, leek and zucchini for 3–4 minutes until tender. Add peas and cook for another 1–2 minutes.
Step 3 Add baby spinach, chilli, pasta, reserved pasta water and ricotta. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts and parmesan, then serve.
- Toss through rocket or shredded silverbeet leaves instead of baby spinach.
- Try adding a teaspoon of lemon zest and using more chilli flakes for an extra punch of zesty, yummy flavour.
Taste the difference! This recipe uses fresh summer zucchini.
About this recipe
First published: December 2012