Chicken and orange-ginger quinoa salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.79 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated ginger
- 300g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- 4 cups (about 550g) shredded, skinless barbecued chicken
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 120g baby rocket
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 light pita breads, toasted, halved
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place quinoa into a large saucepan with ginger and 1 3/4 cups cold water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until water has evaporated (about 12–15 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place snow peas into a large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 1 minute. Drain well.
Step 3 Add snow peas, chicken, capsicum, rocket and orange juice to quinoa and season with ground black pepper. Toss to combine. Serve with pita bread.
- Swap the chicken for 3 cups hot-smoked salmon. Garnish with orange zest.
- Make it gluten free: Replace the pita bread with gluten-free bread.
About this recipe
First published: February 2012