Lemon and thyme pork with cabbage salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.88 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 x 125g lean pork medallions
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- cooking oil spray
- 4 cups Savoy cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 large carrots, grated
- 1 Pink Lady apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons pepitas
- 4 tablespoons fat-free French dressing
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pecans, toasted
- 2 rye Mountain Bread wraps, halved
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Sprinkle both sides of pork with lemon zest and thyme. Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Cook pork for 3–4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine cabbage, carrot, apple, parsley, pepitas, dressing and mustard in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine.
Step 3 Divide salad between serving plates and sprinkle with pecans. Top with pork and serve with Mountain Bread.
You can replace the Savoy cabbage with red or Chinese cabbage. Add thinly sliced red onion or green onions, if desired.
About this recipe
First published: February 2012