Full ingredients list:
- 500g new potatoes, scrubbed
- 400g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 400g can no-added-salt corn kernels, rinsed
- 4 cups watercress
- 1/2 avocado, cut into chunks
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup shredded 50% reduced-fat cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Boil potatoes for 8–10 minutes, until tender. Drain, set aside and cut in half when cool enough to handle.
Step 2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3–4 minutes, until cooked.
Step 3 Combine corn, watercress, avocado, onion, tomato, cheese and cooled potatoes in a large bowl. In a small jug, combine dressing ingredients and add to salad. Toss gently to mix.
Step 4 Top salad with chicken and season with freshly ground black pepper.
For a Mediterranean twist, replace the corn and watercress with baby spinach and add chopped olives, capers and roasted red capsicum.
The heart-healthy fats in avocado and avocado oil contribute to the high fat content of this salad. We recommend serving this as a ‘special occasion’ meal.
About this recipe
First published: January 2012