Chicken and white bean stew
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.33 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- oil spray
- 500g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry red lentils
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups cooked basmati rice, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add chicken and cook, turning, for 5 minutes, or until browned.
Step 2 Spray pan with a little more oil, add chopped vegetables and cook for 3–4 minutes.
Step 3 Stir in Tuscan seasoning, pesto, stock, 1 cup water and lentils. Bring to the boil. Stir well. Reduce heat then cover and cook for 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
Step 4 Add beans and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve with rice sprinkled with chives.
- Replace chicken thighs with lean lamb or beef.
- Try chickpeas instead of cannellini beans.
About this recipe
First published: July 2012