Tuna, semi-dried tomato and spinach pasta bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 35 mins)
$3.84 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, roughly flaked
- 1/2 cup 97% fat-free sun-dried tomatoes
- 40g (2 cups) baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- extra 1 teaspoon reduced-fat table spread, melted
- 4 cups green vegies or 8 cups salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain, then return to saucepan.
Step 2 Melt table spread in a saucepan over medium heat, then add flour and stir until combined. Cook for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and slowly add milk, stirring constantly, until well combined. Return to heat and stir constantly until mixture comes to the boil and thickens. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in half the cheese. Allow to cool.
Step 3 Combine cooled sauce, tuna, tomatoes, spinach and pasta in a large saucepan or bowl. Toss until well combined. Spoon mixture into a 7 cup-capacity baking dish. Combine breadcrumbs and melted table spread in a bowl. Stir in remaining cheese. Sprinkle over pasta bake. Bake for 20 minutes, or until heated through and topping is golden. Serve with green vegies or salad.
About this recipe
First published: July 2012