Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins (Hands-on time: 25 mins, Cooking time: 25 mins)
$1.42 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 zucchinis, roughly chopped
- 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 800g can no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- 2 cups reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped basil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and place over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, zucchini and celery and stir until well combined. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
Step 2 Add tomatoes, stock and water. Stir until well combined and mixture comes to the boil. Simmer for 25 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
Step 3 Using a stick blender, blend vegetable mixture until smooth. Add beans and stir until well combined. Cook for 2 minutes, or until beans are heated through. Ladle soup into serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan and basil to serve.
About this recipe
First published: June 2012