Full ingredients list:
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Peel the banana and cut into thin slices. Place slices into a small bowl. Pour the yoghurt into another small bowl.
Step 2 Mix together oats, cranberries, nuts, seeds and coconut. Pour the mixture into a breakfast bowl.
Step 3 Arrange the three bowls on a tray with some fresh flowers. Don’t forget the spoon and a small jug of milk! Serve to Mum in bed.
- For some extra kick, sprinkle muesli with a pinch of dried cardamom or dried ginger.
- Try using sultanas, chopped dates or blueberries.
- Experiment with the seeds: sesame, sunflower, flax or poppy seeds are all good substitutes.
- Nuts and seeds are rich in healthy oils, so a little goes a long way.
About this recipe
First published: May 2012