Full ingredients list:
- 500g lean pork mince
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 230g can water chestnuts, drained, chopped
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 x 250g packets 90-second microwave brown rice, to serve
- 4 cups raw vegie sticks, to serve (try carrot, cucumber and red capsicum)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine pork, ginger, garlic, green onions, chilli and soy sauce in a medium bowl.
Step 2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Add pork mixture and cook, breaking up any lumps, for 8–10 minutes, or until browned. Add lime juice and water chestnuts and heat through.
Step 3 Divide mixture among lettuce leaves, and top with cherry tomatoes. Serve with rice and vegetable sticks.
About this recipe
First published: November 2012