Roast pepper and pancetta chicken
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$7.07 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast
- 1/3 cup roasted capsicum, chopped
- 2 slices lean pancetta, fat trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- Watercress sauce
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 100g crème fraiche
- 1 cup watercress
- 1 cup rocket
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 500g potatoes, boiled and mashed with 2 tablespoons skim milk, to serve
- 4 carrots, sliced, cooked, to serve
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Flatten chicken breasts using a rolling pin, until doubled in size. Place a quarter of capsicum and pancetta into the centre of each breast. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Place into an ovenproof dish and spray with oil. Bake for 25–30 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place onion, stock and wine into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes, until liquid has reduced by half.
Step 3 Place onion mixture into a blender. Add crème fraiche, watercress and rocket and process until smooth. Season with freshly ground black pepper and a little lemon juice. Return to pan and warm through.
Step 4 Remove toothpicks from chicken. Serve chicken with mashed potato, vegies, watercress sauce, and extra lemon juice.
About this recipe
First published: November 2012