Vegetable and pesto pizza
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$4.49 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 x 23cm wholemeal pizza bases
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, shredded
- 1 large zucchini, peeled into long ribbons
- 1 carrot, peeled into long ribbons
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 1 cup rocket leaves
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into long ribbons
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 210°C. Place pizza bases onto two baking trays. Combine pesto and sweet chilli sauce and spread evenly over pizza bases.
Step 2 Top bases with onion, capsicum, snow peas, zucchini and carrot. Sprinkle ricotta and grated cheese over the top.
Step 3 Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until vegies are cooked and cheese is golden. Remove from oven and sprinkle pizzas with rocket leaves.
Step 4 Toss salad leaves, cucumber, tomatoes and balsamic in a serving bowl. Serve with pizzas.
- For meat eaters, you can add 400g cooked, shredded chicken breast to the pizzas before adding the cheese.
- Try adding a handful of toasted pine nuts for an extra nutty flavour.
About this recipe
First published: November 2012