Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 300g lamb stir-fry strips
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, thinly sliced, plus extra, to serve
- 1/4 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a non-stick pan with oil and place over high heat. Add lamb and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add curry paste and stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Step 2 Re-pray pan with a little more oil. Add eggplant and stir-fry for about 5 minutes until golden and tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
Step 3 Re-spray pan with oil. Add garlic and green onions and stir-fry until golden. Add chilli, ginger, tomato, lime leaves and shrimp paste. Stir-fry for a few seconds until tomato softens.
Step 4 Add eggplant back to pan. Add soy sauce, sugar, lime juice and 1/4 cup water. Simmer for 2 minutes. Add lamb back in and heat through. Garnish curry with kaffir lime leaves and lime wedges and serve with rice.
About this recipe
First published: October 2012