Full ingredients list:
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small zucchini, grated, excess liquid squeezed out
- 4 slices reduced-fat vintage cheddar cheese, sliced
- 4 wholegrain bread rolls, halved
- 1 cup soft lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons American mustard
- 2 medium pickled cucumbers, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 8 cups salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine mince, garlic and zucchini in a mixing bowl. Season with black pepper. Divide mixture into 4 portions and form into patties.
Step 2 Place a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray patties with oil and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked. Turn off heat, top with cheese and leave patties in pan for 5 minutes to rest.
Step 3 Meanwhile, toast rolls, then top with lettuce, burger, mustard, pickled cucumber and tomatoes. Serve burgers with salad.
For a tasty, Aussie-inspired option, add a slice of juicy pineapple and a piece of tinned beetroot.
About this recipe
First published: October 2012