Garlic and rosemary chicken tray bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 hr 15 mins (Hands-on time: 20 mins, Cooking time: 55 mins)
$6.65 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 2 potatoes, unpeeled, sliced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 4 small skinless chicken drumsticks
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup chopped capsicum
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bulb garlic, broken into cloves
- 2 cups chopped silverbeet
- freshly ground black pepper
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large ovenproof dish with oil and preheat oven to 200°C. Cook potatoes and sweet potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain.
Step 2 Cut several slits in chicken pieces and toss with orange zest.
Step 3 Place all the vegetables, except silverbeet, into a large bowl. Mix orange juice with olive oil and vinegar, then use to coat vegies.
Step 4 Place coated vegies into prepared dish and top with chicken pieces. Push small pieces of rosemary sprigs into slits of chicken. Add garlic and remaining rosemary to tray and toss to mix ingredients.
Step 5 Bake for 45 minutes, tossing halfway through. Stir through silverbeet, then cook for 10 more minutes. Season to taste with pepper and serve.
About this recipe
First published: September 2012