Indian-spiced fish with nutty rice
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$6.41 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 4 x 150g fillets firm white fish (such as barramundi or dory)
- 2 x 250g packets 90-second microwave brown rice
- 2 bunches English spinach, washed, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon cashews, chopped
- lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine cumin, curry powder, cinnamon, garlic, ginger and yoghurt in a large bowl. Add fish fillets and coat with mixture. Marinate at room temperature for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, cook rice in microwave following packet instructions. Keep warm. Place spinach into a bowl. Microwave steam for 2–3 minutes on full power, or until cooked. Drain. Keep warm.
Step 3 Place fish fillets onto 2 dinner-sized plates (2 pieces per plate) and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Microwave each plate of fish on 50% power for 4 minutes, or until cooked through.
Step 4 Combine rice with cashews. Divide fish fillets between 4 plates, discarding cooking juices. Serve fish with nutty rice, spinach and lemon wedges.
- You can use 500g packets of frozen spinach instead of fresh.
- This spiced fish dish can also be made with a mixed spice seasoning instead of the cumin and cinnamon.
About this recipe
First published: September 2012