Tomato and basil chicken fettuccine
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.12 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 300g dried fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 400g tin no-added-salt tomatoes
- 1/4 cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 cups (about 400g) cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated fresh parmesan
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place pasta into a large microwave-proof bowl and cover with around 2 litres boiling water. Cook on full power, uncovered, for 8–10 minutes, until tender. Drain and set aside.
Step 2 Combine beans, peas, tomatoes and paste in a second large microwave-proof bowl and stir well. Heat on high for 3–4 minutes, until cooked. Add chicken and heat for 1–2 minutes.
Step 3 Combine pasta and chicken and mix well. Divide among 4 plates and serve topped with basil and parmesan.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
About this recipe
First published: September 2012