Full ingredients list:
- 3 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 500g frozen, peeled green prawns, tails on
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 8 cups chopped vegies, eg. red capsicum, carrots, broccoli, bok choy, asparagus
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 x 250g packets microwaveable
- 90-second brown rice, heated
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place a wok over medium heat. Add sesame seeds and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes, or until toasted. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
Step 2 Spray wok with oil and reheat. Stir-fry prawns for 3–4 minutes, until cooked and no longer translucent. Set aside. Spray wok with a little more oil. Stir-fry onion and vegies for 2–3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water.
Step 3 Simmer over low heat for 3–4 minutes, or until vegies are cooked. Stir in prawns and half the sesame seeds. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds. Serve with rice.
About this recipe
First published: April 2013