Fish and chips with rainbow wasabi coleslaw
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$6.35 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 700g potato, skin on, cut into wedges lengthways
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons 97% fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 4 cups coleslaw salad mix (without dressing)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds, dry roasted
- 2 tablespoons wasabi peas
- 600g white fish fillets (such as ling)
- lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Put potato in a microwave-proof dish, cover and cook on high for 7 minutes. Remove potato, arrange on prepared tray and spray with olive oil. Bake potato for 25 minutes, or until wedges are golden, turning once.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine yoghurt, mayonnaise and wasabi paste. Stir mixture through coleslaw; add sunflower seeds and wasabi peas.
Step 3 Set a heavy-based frying pan over medium–high heat. Spray fish fillets with olive oil and cook, turning, until just cooked through. (Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish fillets.)
Step 4 Serve fish and chips with coleslaw and lemon wedges.
About this recipe
First published: December 2013