Basic BBQ vegie mix
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins (Hands-on time: 15 mins, Cooking time: 30 mins)
$1.37 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 eggplant, sliced
- 2 zucchinis, halved, lengthways
- 2 red onions, cut into quarters
- 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded
- 2 yellow capsicums, halved, deseeded
- cooking oil spray
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat a barbecue to medium high. Spray all vegetables lightly with oil. Cook vegies, turning, on barbecue until lightly charred on both sides. Set all vegies (except capsicum) aside to cool.
Step 2 Place capsicum into a bag and seal to cool (this allows the steam to loosen their skins). Once cool, peel skin from capsicum.
Step 3 Cut all vegies into bite-sized chunks and place into a large bowl. Add garlic, oil and vinegar. Season with pepper.
Step 4 Serve vegies sprinkled with fresh basil leaves.
About this recipe
First published: February 2013