Tuna and white bean salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.16 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g new potatoes, sliced
- 50g 97% fat-free semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons capers, finely chopped
- 2 bunches asparagus, halved
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 4 cups mixed rocket and baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Step 1 Cook potatoes in a saucepan of water for 8–10 minutes, until tender. Drain then return to pan. Add tomatoes and capers and mix to coat potatoes.
Step 2 Plunge asparagus in boiling water and cook for 2 minutes. Drain, then add to potatoes with tuna, beans and onion.
Step 3 Place rocket and spinach into a salad bowl. Add tuna and potato mix. Whisk oil and vinegar together, then pour over tuna salad, toss and serve.
About this recipe
First published: February 2013