Tuna and sweet potato bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 20 mins)
$4.65 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 450g sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 400g can creamed corn
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 3/4 cup grated reduced-fat mozzarella
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly spray an ovenproof dish with oil. Cook sweet potato chunks in a saucepan of boiling water for 5–10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, then mash. Add Tuscan seasoning to mash.
Step 2 Add tuna, corn and peas. Mix together. Stir through pesto. Spoon into prepared dish.
Step 3 Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve sprinkled with chopped fresh parsley and freshly ground black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Check Tuscan seasoning, corn and pesto are gluten free.
This recipe freezes well.
About this recipe
First published: January 2013