Ginger-baked salmon and red cabbage slaw
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$6.21 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 x 150g salmon fillets
- 3 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, finely shredded
- 500g sweet potato, peeled, chopped, boiled until tender, mashed with 1/4 cup skim milk
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Place salmon into a small ovenproof dish. Rub with ginger, season with freshly ground black pepper and drizzle with maple syrup. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until salmon is cooked.
Step 2 Meanwhile, whisk oil and lemon juice in a large bowl until combined. Add cabbage, spring onion and carrot. Toss gently to combine.
Step 3 Serve salmon with cabbage coleslaw and mashed sweet potato.
Replace cabbage with shredded iceberg lettuce.
About this recipe
First published: July 2013