Sweet corn soup with parmesan toasts
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250g sweet potato, peeled, chopped into 1cm-pieces
- 4 cups frozen sweet corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups boiling reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 250g low-fat ricotta
- 1 Lebanese bread, quartered
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, to serve
- 4 tablespoons low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- 4 cups mixed salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place onion, sweet potato, corn, garlic, stock and 1 cup water in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
Step 2 Puree soup with stick blender. Add ricotta and blend again until smooth.
Step 3 Meanwhile, lightly spray Lebanese bread with oil. Place onto baking tray and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Break into pieces to serve alongside soup.
Step 4 Sprinkle soup with parsley, drizzle with yoghurt and serve with toasts and salad.
About this recipe
First published: July 2013