Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 125g skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1ñ2cm pieces
- 1 small leek, white part thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free reduced-salt chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons extra light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cauliflower and broccoli florets
- 2 cups mixed salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place a saucepan over medium heat and spray with oil. Add chicken, leek and thyme. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until leek starts to soften.
Step 2 Reduce heat to low. Add chicken stock powder, half the cream cheese and 1/3 cup water. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and sauce reduces and thickens. Season with ground black pepper.
Step 3 Preheat a grill to high. Combine vegies and remaining cream cheese in a bowl. Season with more pepper. Spoon chicken mixture into a 2-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Top with vegie mixture. Grill for 3-4 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Serve with salad.
Replace stock and water for 1/3 cup dry white wine.
About this recipe
First published: June 2013