Chicken, silverbeet and mixed mushroom pappardelle
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$5.41 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 375g pappardelle
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 400g assorted mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Philadelphia Extra Light Cream for Cooking
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 cup skinless, boneless, cooked chicken, shredded
- 6 stalks silverbeet, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh parmesan
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
Step 2 Place a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook garlic, onion and mushrooms for 5 minutes, or until onion and mushrooms are golden and tender. Add cream, thyme and 1/2 cup water. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce has thickened.
Step 3 Stir in chicken, silverbeet and parmesan. Cook for 1 minute, or until heated through. Add sauce to pasta, toss to combine and serve.
Use a selection of button, Swiss brown or portobello mushrooms for a combination of flavours.
Pasta can sometimes take over the whole meal – so to keep a healthy balance, try serving this dish with a tasty, vegie-packed Simple mixed salad.
About this recipe
First published: March 2013