Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup Tomato sauce base
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt kidney beans
- 1 small avocado, stone removed, diced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced, plus extra lime wedges to serve
- 4 wholegrain tortillas, warmed, to serve
- 1/2 bunch coriander, leaves picked, to serve
- 1/3 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine Tomato sauce base and kidney beans in a small saucepan and gently heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Transfer into a serving bowl.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine avocado, cucumber, tomato, red onion, olive oil and lime juice in a bowl and stir to combine.
Step 3 Place beans, avocado salsa, tortillas, coriander, extra lime wedges and yoghurt in the middle of the table.
Step 4 Allow everyone to make their own burritos!
Replace yoghurt with grated reduced-fat cheddar or reduced-fat sour cream.
About this recipe
First published: March 2013