Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins (Hands-on time: 10 mins, Cooking time: 15 mins)
$5.15 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 325g spaghetti
- 45g can anchovies in olive oil
- 300g pork fillet, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 750g tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain.
Step 2 Meanwhile, drain oil from anchovies into a large deep frying pan. Place over high heat. Cook pork for 2–3 minutes, or until browned all over. Remove from pan.
Step 3 Add anchovies, garlic and chilli flakes to pan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tomatoes form a sauce. Stir in parsley and olives.
Step 4 Serve spaghetti topped with sauce and oregano.
- Sauce can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw, then reheat and serve over cooked pasta.
- Pasta can sometimes take over the whole meal – so to keep a healthy balance, try serving this dish with a tasty, vegie-packed Simple mixed salad.
About this recipe
First published: March 2013