Beef and vegie burgers with sweet chilli sauce
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.83 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 100g sweet potato, peeled, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g lean beef mince
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 zucchini, grated, excess water squeezed out
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- cooking oil spray
- 4 multigrain rolls
- 2 cups watercress, to serve
- 1 onion, sliced, to serve
- 1 tomato, sliced, to serve
- 1 small avocado, sliced, to serve
- 4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine sweet potato, garlic, mince, parsley, zucchini and egg. Mix well with your hands. Shape into four round patties and flatten.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Cook patties for 5 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
Step 3 Halve rolls and toast. Top each with watercress, onion, burger, tomato, avocado and sweet chilli.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Angela Walker (VIC)
Angela says: “My 21-year-old nephew loved these so much he’s made them himself!”
About this recipe
First published: May 2013