Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup salad greens
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 spring onion, sliced
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/4 small avocado, diced
- 1/2 carrot, diced or shredded
- 95g can tomato and onion flavoured tuna
- 2 teaspoons balsamic mixed with
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted almonds
- 4 wholegrain crispbreads, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Mix salad greens, cucumber, red onion, spring onion, tomato, avocado and carrot together in a portable container. Take can of tuna, dressing, almonds and crispbreads with you separately.
Step 2 When ready to eat, stir drained tuna and dressing through salad and top with nuts. Serve with wholegrain crispbreads.
This salad works well with any flavour of tuna and dressing you prefer. Try chilli and lime flavoured tuna with an Asian dressing, for example. You can also use whatever vegies you have in the fridge.
About this recipe
First published: May 2013