Mediterranean beef stroganoff
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$7.82 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 small sweet potato,peeled, chopped
- cooking oil spray
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 120g lean beef stir-fry strips
- 2 teaspoons Gourmet Garden Mediterranean Paste
- 1/2 cup reduced-salt beef stock
- 1/3 cup no-added-salt chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche
- 1 cup steamed vegies (e.g. broccoli, peas, capsicum)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook sweet potato in a saucepan of boiling water for 10–12 minutes. Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Cook onion and mushrooms for 5–7 minutes, until softened.
Step 2 Respray pan with oil. Add beef. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until evenly browned. Add paste and toss to coat beef. Add stock and chickpeas and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 3 Drain sweet potato then mash. Stir crème fraîche through beef and mushrooms. Serve with
sweet potato and vegies.
Replace crème fraîche with light sour cream.
About this recipe
First published: May 2013