Barbecue steak with artichoke and pea salsa
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.60 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 125g rib-eye beef fillet
- cooking oil spray
- 100g artichoke hearts in brine, drained, roughly chopped
- 1/4 red onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained, rinsed
- 100g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and immerse fresh peas to blanch. Cool peas in ice water, drain and place in a bowl. (Alternatively, cook frozen peas according to packet instructions.)
Step 2 Meanwhile, heat a grill or set a frying pan over high heat. Spray both sides of beef fillet with cooking oil; season with cracked black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes per side (for medium), or until cooked to your liking. Leave to rest for 2–3 minutes.
Step 3 Make salsa: mix peas, artichoke, onion, capers, tomato, anchovy and parsley. Season with pepper or a squeeze of lemon, or both. Top beef with salsa and serve.
About this recipe
First published: November 2013